CRITERIA & GUIDELINES FOR AWARDS
The FANS Distinguished Artist Award is intended to publically recognize and honour North and West Vancouver artists who have created a substantial, nationally recognized body of work in performing, visual, literary or media arts.
The first FANS Distinguished Artist Award was presented in 1995 and subsequently this prestigious award has been given to many of the North Shore’s best actors, painters, poets, First Nation carvers, musicians and composers. FANS believes that through this Award we are fostering an important creative legacy that both celebrates outstanding artistic careers and bears witness to the heights that can be achieved when artists follow their dreams.
North Vancouver and West Vancouver are fortunate to have an abundance of talented artists with acclaimed careers, making them creative treasures in our community. To be eligible for nomination candidates must:
- Be a current resident of North Vancouver or West Vancouver.
- Have a substantial nationally recognized body of work in performing, literary, visual or media arts.
NOMINATION GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- All candidates for the FANS Distinguished Artist Award must be put forward by a third party.
- Anyone who enjoys and takes an interest in arts may nominate an artist for this award. Only members of the FANS Society Board are prohibited from nominating.
- Nominators must confirm that their artist candidate meets the eligibility criteria and is available personally receive the award at the annual Tribute Event.
- Nominators must complete the Nomination Form and provide relevant support documentation as specified.
- Nominators must submit the completed nomination package on or before the nomination deadline.
- The FANS Society Board assesses all nominations and determines the annual recipient(s) according to the award selection process.
- All nominators will be notified of the results of the assessment process by way of e-mail after the FANS Society Board has deliberated.
- Selected nominee(s) will be immediately notified by the FANS Society President.